Please read the Author Guidelines carefully, then click the "Submit Manuscript" button and select the type of manuscript you would like to upload (1. Research articles; 2. Workshop Paper; 3. Church History Source; 4. Book Review), enter the required information, and upload your manuscript!
LANGUAGE AND LENGTH OF THE MANUSCRIPT
The StThTr mainly accepts publications in Hungarian, but does not reject contributions in English, German and Italian that fit the profile of the journal.
The maximum length of the manuscript should be:
- Research article: 40 000 characters (with spaces);
- Workshop paper: 30 000 characters (with spaces);
- Source: 30 000 characters (with spaces);
- Review: 15 000 characters (with spaces).
PARTS OF THE MANUSCRIPT
- author(s): name, affiliation (institute, city, country), institutional e-mail address (this information is removed from the manuscript by the editors before the "blind" peer review);
- title (subtitle) in Hungarian and English;
- abstract in English (max. 1000 characters): a concise presentation of the content and conclusions of the manuscript;
- keywords in English (min. 3 - max. 8);
- text of the manuscript with short footnotes;
Manuscripts submitted for the Workshop section must include the same parts as the research articles (see above):
- manuscripts submitted to the Workshop Section are subject to editorial review. A brief recommendation from a scholar in the relevant field is required for review.
Manuscripts intended for publication in the Source Section:
- name, affiliation (including city and country), and institutional e-mail address of the person who provides the source text;
- title in Hungarian and English, including (if known) the name of the author of the source text;
- a brief description of the content of the source, indicating its location (name of the library etc.);
- the source text (please include critical notes in the footnotes; no changes may be made in the source text).
- name, affiliation (including city and country), institutional e-mail address of the author of the review;
- details of the book reviewed: author, title, place and date of publication, publisher, page number, ISBN number;
- review: objective and critical presentation of the content of the book.
- Latin fonts: Times New Roman;
- Non Latin fonts (e.g., Greek, Hebrew): unicode fonts (e.g. SBL BibLit / SBL Greek / SBL Hebrew).
- Main text and bibliography: 12 pt;
- Abstract, keywords and footnotes: 10 pt.
- Use a maximum of three degrees of subtitle in manuscripts. These are subdivided as follows:
1 First subtitle
1.1 Second subtitle
1.1.1 Third subtitle
- Only italics;
- Underlining, bold, vertical or small caps cannot be used for highlights.
- Quotations should not be italicised;
- For longer quotations (more than four lines), the quotation is indented 1 cm, single-spaced, in 10-point font, while retaining the quotation marks, and a 6 pt space is inserted before and after the quotation.
Footnotes and Bibliography:
- See the short style sheet above
Checklist before submitting the manuscript
By submitting a manuscript, the author automatically declares that the manuscript submitted to the editorial office of Studia Theologica Transsylvaniensia (StThTr) for publication meets the following requirements.:
- The topic of the paper to be submitted fits the profile of the StThTr journal.
- The manuscript also includes an English translation of the title.
- The manuscript includes a short English abstract and up to ten keywords describing the content..
- The text of the manuscript complies with the stylistic and bibliographical requirements set out in the Author's Guidelines.
- The manuscript will be uploaded in Word (.doc or .docx) and PDF format.
- The author declares that he/she has read, acknowledged and accepted the Code of Ethics and has prepared the manuscript accordingly.
- If copyrighted material from other sources is included in the manuscript, the author grants the right to use.